Having Duplicates in your Data can be a real problem, so addressing them is important. Finding them, especially in a big data set, can often be an arduous task though.
A simple combination of Conditional Formatting with Filters is a great way to highlight and track down those Duplicates.
The basic steps are as follows:
- Select a column that should be unique per record
- From the Home Ribbon go to Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cell Rule > Duplicate Value…
- Add Filters to your Data and select the Filter by Color option
- To group your like Duplicates together, Sort your records by the same column
- You can now Delete and / or Edit your Duplicates till you have no more coloured cells left
For more of these time-saving tips, as well as skills to help increase your productivity, be sure to check out our online Excel training courses, starting from beginner to expert.